Sunday 26 December 2010

Day 14, Christmas Day!!!

Today I had my first boarding lesson. it's something I have wanted to do for a while but once I hired skis for 2 weeks the opportunity never arose. well my brother went and booked me a lesson, whilst I was road tripping and told me when I got back to Banff. How exciting!!

This is me just before turning up to my lesson, it could be the last time you see me without a broken arm or wrist!









I had a two hour private lesson, which doesn't sound like very long but my legs were giving way of their own accord by the end of it!!


Here is some pictures from my lesson...

Me sat on the ground after falling over..... This is what I like when boarding, you can sit for a rest anytime you like and pretend you are doing up your board! Sure you get a cold bum but your calfs aren't screaming for air like they are in ski boots...










This is when I was first learning to turn, I was holding on to his hand for dear life....his fingers must have been falling off lol



















This is right before he let me go on my own....










..... all by myself. :-D


















My brother also took a video.....


YouTube Video

And the verdict to board or ski?? I really like boarding, the boots are comfy, you can sit to have a rest, however on the flat bits you have no poles to push with......oh well will just have to go boardig with a skier.........SIIIIIMON CAN U GIVE ME A PUSH!!! :-D

After coming back to Banff from the hill we went for Christmas dinner to a restaurant in Banff called the Maple Leaf. We also took our Christmas presents...





I had a new lens for my camera and a pair of Canadian gloves, just so I don't forget where my brother is living now!

We also had cocktails and a 3 course meal....our present from mum and dad...


















Location:Lake Louise ski resort

No comments:

Post a Comment