Saturday 8 January 2011

Day 27, Final Day

And so I have come to my last blog post, i thought I'd show a few things of what I have been up to in Banff, Canada since Christmas Day.

I stayed with my brother at his apartment for a few days....this is the view he gets to see every morning from the front of his block!!!



For New Years Eve we went to a bar in Banff where it was $10 (£7) entrance fee. There were no queues at the bar and drinks were normal prices, the music wasnt too loud that you couldnt speak, and they had a pool table for me to practice my newly aquired skills .....



At midnight everybody piled out the bar to the main street to watch the fireworks. Here is a shakey picture...It was -30 oc that night, I had so many layers on and I was still cold, hence the shivering and the shakey photo!


For New Years Day we went to the Banff Springs hotel for Sunday (although it was Saturday!) brunch as recommended by my Dad.

This brunch has so many things on offer it was a bit overwhelming deciding where to start...here is a list of some of the things I can remember at the buffet...

Cereal, several different types of bread, cakes, tiramasu, salad,
omelette's and pasta made in front of you, clams, oysters, salmon, steak, prime rib, pork, veal, bison, lamb, chicken, venison, pizza!, deep fried
chicken, sweet waffles, pancakes, bacon, eggs benedict, macaronie cheese and not forgetting the several different types of soup!

and here is a picture of my first plate!


THe hotel is one of the leading hotels of the world so me an Simon went for a walk round to have a nosey at the place.

Its styled after a Scottish Baronial Castle, and the construction of the hotel in 1888 marked the birthplace of tourism in the Canadian Rockies.

HEre is a few pictures from our tour....






I also did some skiing as well as boarding..... here is a few videos of me skiing with my brother




And here is one of the view at the top f the chair lift....

That it......back to the UK, the rain, the takeover by chicken farmers of my club and back to work :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment