Friday 24 December 2010

Day 12, Cranbrook, British Columbia, Canada to Banff, Alberta, Canada, 244 miles

Today was the day that I arrived back at my brothers. I set off from Cranbrook and headed north to Lake Louise. My brother works at Lake Louise ski resort and I was going to pick him up.

Along the way the weather was again cloudy but I did get a few shots ......














There were loads of other fantastic views along the way however there were signs all along the road that said, no stopping Avalanche area!! I wasn't about to challenge that sign for a picture!

About half way I stopped at one of the few open rest areas...these are toilets and a water tap.....call this a toilet with a view!






That is all that is there, no KFC or burger king, no WHSmith or greasy spoon! Simon says that this was positively luxury....there are some rest stops that are just holes in the ground! Glad I didn't have to stop at one of them!

and so it was on to Lake Louise ski resort...I arrived about 4.30pm and my brother didn't finish until 6.30pm so I sat up in the bar drinking mulled wine.

I asked the bar waitress for a Canadian which is a type of beer here, a while later my beer still hadn't arrived and I thought she had forgotten. 5 minutes later I had a massive pizza on the table!! They don't serve Canadian beer at Lake Louise but they do serve a pizza called Canadian! Lol oh well I hope my brother was hungary!

Then off it was to Banff and my brothers diggs for the rest of my stay. My road trip was finished. But my skiing holiday has only just started.......


Location:Cougar St,Banff,Canada

No comments:

Post a Comment