Thursday 23 December 2010

Day 11, Coeur D'Alene Idaho, USA to Canbrook, British Columbia, Canada, 165 Miles

Today was the day that I crossed over the border back into the USA. But first I decided to travel 30 miles in the wrong direction to cross another border, Idaho into Washington :-)





This another state ticked off on my trip, and the only reason I wanted to visit it is because I thought Washington was on the New York side!!! I wanted to see that it actually exists. Lol. Washington is also home to Seattle, and with 2 more days on my trip I would have gone there.....again for some strange reason if you would have asked be before this trip where Seattle was, is would have guessed at the East and then maybe thought I have no idea! ah well now I do.

I have been getting pretty good at my American geography....I now know where Minnesota is and that there is a Manchester there! I also know to answer the mobile (sorry cell) with Hey, what's up? Lol, I also am slightly better at 8 ball (pool) than I was, and that the balls are stripes and solids and the brown ball is maroon!! It's not really but just go with it !!

So all in all I'll be sad to leave the states, but I'll be back to practise my pool some other day for sure!!

So after crossing into Washington and reaching the next town, Spokane, I exited the I-90 to turn round at .......wait for it........a mall!!! Well like I never knew that was there, I had to call in now I was so close, it would be rude not to A?!? Plus I also magically knew that there was a Hollister shop there that had a 40% off sale on!!!! Whoop I was there ;-)

After going in and buying a few things from Hollister, I headed North - no pictures today as I spent too long at the mall to be hanging around... :-D

So onto the border after stopping at the duty free shop to get some MORE Jack after my brother, Peter and Jon drank nearly the whole litre i painstakingly carried all the way over from Heathrow in one night!!!! Oops I forgot mum reads this :-D!!!!!!! Hehe

The Canadian customs guy was nowhere near as bad as the American woman and after a few questions waved me through. I never even got out of the car this time!

Shortly after, I arrived at Cranbrook, where I will spend the night. Tomorrow it's on to Lake Louise to meet my brother after work......Driving home for Christmas.....la la la

Oh and for those that don't have Facebook......I am having a Snowboarding lesson on Christmas Day!! A private one none the less.......Thanks Bro! :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment